For a wedding to be what you envision, the gown itself plays a big part in making sure that you look your best on that very special day. When you walk down that aisle, all eyes are on you, all … Continue reading
Magic is real and dreams are made of these! The moment I stepped foot into this gallery, it took my breathe away, and a petite and beautiful bridal/wedding gown designer Celest Thoi, also my long time friend back in those days when we shot for mifa fashion forward TV show greeted me. Immediately, she invited me in with her sweetest of smile and we launched into talks and catching up session at her cozy earthy sofa right in the middle of this well lit space of hers at Publika, Solaris Dutamas. We spoke about what she has been up to and conversations trailed into a blissful Friday afternoon.
I simply adore the set-up of your boutique. How did it come about, Celest? Well, it was love at first sight, Jenn. When I first saw this space, I instantly fell in love with it and felt like, this is it. We started from scratch, from the concept, design, right down to the little details. I came up with everything and my designer put all of my thoughts into reality. A great job indeed (I was marveling over the drop down lighting fixtures hanging from up above) She then continued. I wanted that LOFT feel to my gallery, hence the dark walls, the cozy ambience with the lightings, the sofa. The rest, I would like to leave it to my gowns to speak for themselves. (They do stand out indeed against this deep woody space and speak volume).
What do you have in mind when you design your gowns? It is always what the client’s want because this is their special day after all! I would love to make them beautiful. I also put into considerations what sort of wedding the bride and groom will be throwing. For instance, is it a garden wedding, a beach wedding, a pool side, a hotel? This will help when I design for my clients. Of course, materials used too.
How did you get into this business? Well, I was in Australia (that was where I met my husband) and then in New Zealand (where I took up courses). It all started when I was preparing for my own wedding. I really enjoyed the whole process of it, from designing my own wedding gown, to preparing for the entire occasion. Even after the wedding, I was still pretty excited about it. I thought to myself, since I loved it so much, why don’t I go into it myself? That was how it started, and like most people say, the rest is history.
How do you describe your style, that distinctively Celest Thoi gown? (Celest grins underneath her straight banks and long hair before she answers). Three words – Timeless, Simple and Elegant. These are the foundation of my creations. I always keep these in mind as I would love my clients to have a timeless yet whimsical and dreamy feel to their wedding gowns, each piece is specially designed and made and it will not be overly weighed down by too much details that are distracting but dainty and simple. That is my style. I specialize in made-to-measure bespoke wedding gowns to fit all occasions. We do rent-out our gowns as well since I started my boutique here.
For more of Celest’s creations, feel free to check out her official website at Celest Thoi (here). You can also like here on FB here. Till my next continuation chat with this special wedding gown female designer, stay tuned for Part 2!
Stay luminous and fabulous, and HAPPY always! Have a magical weekend ahead.
Believe me when I say that you will not want to miss this next personality whom I will be featuring. Met her (yes, it’s a she) last week and we had a fun time. I was clicking away with my camera (just couldn’t resist).
Stay tuned for more. Meanwhile, here’s something to tickle your imagination. Stay luminous and happy!
Make-up changes everything – your appearance, your look and your mood for the day. A woman can never have enough of make-up. Having said that, I believe in make-up that looks more natural than anything else, but I also love to put on a bold red lip, once in a while (depending on occasions). There are those times when you buy a certain item and it just sits there for ages, crying out lonely voices to you, but there are times when some items which you will keep going back for, again and again. I guess make-up is supposed to be fun (like style). Better not be too serious about it *_^
Above is my wish list for the time being. Would love to try out some of the items here.
1. Immaculate liquid powder foundation by Hourglass. So much rave about this product. Love the fact that it is free of harmful chemicals and it is anti-aging and has skincare benefits too! Here for more.
2. Signature Real Complete Blending Primer by Missha. Saw some videos on this and it makes the skin glow. Not too sure if it will work on combination skin like mine? Here for more. If you are a big fan of Korean brands, here is a good place to start.
3. F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush by Sigma. I have been wanting to try out a stippling brush. Perhaps this is one I can start off with? Here for more
4. Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder by Chanel. Tried on one of these previously at a counter, the texture and finishing seems quite nice, though I am not a big fan of powder myself. Here for more.
5. Luminizing Face Enhancer by Cle De Peau. Alternatively, I wouldn’t mind trying this luminizing powder. Don’t you just love the bling bling eye-catching casing? Here for more.
6. Marvelous Moxie Lipstick by Bare Minerals. Love the fact that it’s all natural and chemical free. Here for more.
7. Pastille Cremes Lipsticks from Bite. Now this I would LOVE to have one as they look so luxurious in terms of texture and very pigmented as well. The fact that they are made of food grade colouring, really make them much more appealing to me, and sounds yummilicious too! (We ingest so much of lipstick, they should be SAFE, I feel. Here for more.
Well, no matter what look we choose, be it all natural no-make-up make up look, or a glam up red lip look (or anything in between), GIRLS just want to have FUN, don’t you agree? Do let me know if any of you have tried one of these products, and tell me what you all think?
Stay luminous and happy, always!